Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't verify Keychain without old phone number?

I originally started using Keychain during the Mavericks beta, but the issue I'm having now is verifying it again so I can use it on my devices. (I restored all my devices to factory settings) The problem is, whenever I go to verify it, I sign into my Apple ID, then it asks me for my keychain code, and then asks me to retrieve my security code sent to my phone. The thing is, the security code is being sent to my old phone number which I no longer have access to. I click on the help link and it just directs me to the iCloud FAQ. I've changed my phone number under my Apple account and iMessage, but I just can't seem to verify it! Any Suggestions?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 2.3 GHz i7 | 4GB RAM | Windows 8.1

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 9:11 AM

1 reply

Jun 9, 2014 9:13 AM in response to Zachy B.

Hi Zachy B.,

You can follow the steps in this article to verify your iCloud keychain -

Get help using iCloud Keychain

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644

Specifically -

I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS.

1. Make sure that you have a strong cellular network connection on your phone.
  2. Make sure that your phone number can receive SMS messages. You can do this by asking someone to send you a text message.
  3. Make sure that the correct phone number is associated with your account:

iOS 7.0.3 or later: Tap Settings > iCloud > Account, then tap Keychain. Make sure the phone number under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later: Choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Make sure the phone number listed under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

4. If you can't access a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, you can contact Apple Support and verify your identity to get help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Can't verify Keychain without old phone number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.