Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

startup error: this version is not correctly localized. Use the English version.

I have Itunes running on Win7 ; its my home laptop (lenovo G770). A PC-tech cleaned up my registry and shrank my bloated list of startup programs. After that was done, my laptop booted better. However, iTunes won't start: the message is "This version of iTunes has not be correctly localized for this language. Please use the English version."

How can I fix that? Sure I can reinstall new client (iTunes) over top of my old iTunes, but is there anything simpler?

Windows 7, booting parameters recently changed

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 10:38 AM

1 reply

Jun 9, 2014 1:37 PM in response to theozt

Hey there theozt,

It sounds like you are getting an error message saying that iTunes is not correctly localized for this language. I would use the troubleshooting in the following article, named:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1717

Start with this step, and work your way down the article as needed:

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

Open iTunes in Safe Mode to isolate any interference from plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple.

1. Hold down Shift–Control while opening iTunes. You should see a dialog that says "iTunes is running in safe mode" before iTunes finishes starting up.
  2. Click Continue.
  3. See if the issue you're experiencing persists in Safe Mode.

If you have the same issue while iTunes is in Safe Mode, proceed to the "Create a new user account" section. If you don't experience the same issue, follow these steps to remove third-party plug-ins.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

startup error: this version is not correctly localized. Use the English version.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.