Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Today I noticed the outline of a page of typing and an email was left on the screen after I had quit the program. What can I do to stop this happening?

Today I noticed that when I quitted Email and Pages a ghost outline of the page I had been typing was left on the screen. Is this anything to worry about?

Marion 281

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 2:44 PM

You can rule out any hardware issues by running the Apple Hardware Test > OS X Mavericks: Use Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test

Your iMac is late 2013? If so, it's still covered by the one year limited warranty.

Apple - Support - Check Your Service and Support Coverage

The serial number can be found by clicking your Apple  menu then click About This Mac > More Info.

The serial number is noted under the Overview tab.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 7, 2014 2:44 PM in response to Marion281

You can rule out any hardware issues by running the Apple Hardware Test > OS X Mavericks: Use Apple Diagnostics or Apple Hardware Test

Your iMac is late 2013? If so, it's still covered by the one year limited warranty.

Apple - Support - Check Your Service and Support Coverage

The serial number can be found by clicking your Apple  menu then click About This Mac > More Info.

The serial number is noted under the Overview tab.

Today I noticed the outline of a page of typing and an email was left on the screen after I had quit the program. What can I do to stop this happening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.