Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smart watch bt notifier

i have a smartwatch, a u8 u watch

i need to instal bt notifer onto my phone but i cant as their isnt one in the app store

is there anything that does the same job or something silimier out their ?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 1:27 PM

11 replies

Jun 7, 2014 1:56 PM in response to JamesSwain

This may be less than you already know, but the following Amazon reviews page has a number of reviews complaining about the lack of an app, but it does have one review that says to read the first page of the User Manual (but no indication of what it says. http://www.amazon.com/LeexGroup®New-Bluetooth-WristWatch-Android-Blackberry/prod uct-reviews/B00JKDQ0MU/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=b ySubmissionDateDescending

Aug 30, 2014 4:21 AM in response to Bagheera18

Hi all I have this watch and it works with iPhone 5s, you use blue tooth and sync with phone and watch, you can make a call and receive a call from watch, listen to music,you can't text or use the camera option, it is small and very sensitive, especially when scrolling through phone book I keep calling first name in book all the time lol lol. Watch does not stay on all the time and on a sunny day hard to read watch. People do look at you when talking to your wrist watch, but remember Maxwell smart and his shoe phone same deal, it is a gimmic, a nice watch though, great for price I paid $43nz ebay from China, battery lasts for about 4 days.

Mar 14, 2015 9:27 PM in response to Bagheera18

Hello Bagheera18 and others.

I just started using an iPhone 5 recently (about 2 weeks into it) and updated to the latest iOS 8.2 which fixed a number of issues with 8.1.3 and previous versions. I also suspect it cleaned up some things for the iWatch which is now available:-). I then purchased a UWatch U Terra. I am really excited about using this with my iPhone and Hopefully this is similar enough to other UWatches like the U8 UWatch for everyone to get some benefit from my comments. iWatch is cool...really cool especially the $17,000 version with the rose gold and sapphire crystal (drool), but not everyone has $17,000 or even $400 to shell out. The UWatch has quite a few essential features that are a great low-cost compromise for cheap geeks like myself. My experience so far (just got the UWatch today):

* Out of the box, the UWatch will control the phone's call and answer functions, allows sync with the phone book contacts, allows music to be played once the player is enabled on the phone...that's about it.

* After some examination of various help information on the Apple website and various forums, I figured out that if I enable SMS messaging on the iPhone under settings-Messages-"Send as SMS", then I do get notification that a message has been received by the phone...one little thing done!

* After another couple hours of persistent searching through the internet, I ran across an obscure message from a chat forum and on the www.gearbest.com website that sells similar UWatches: go to the App Store and download/install "Mediatek Device". This application looks as if it just enables workout tracking data to and from the watch and iPhone, but it ALSO enables SMS messages to appear on the phone so they can be read. There seems to be some functional issues with the message app on the phone retaining these, but at least they are notified and can be read without having to get out the phone! Unfortunately SMS does not allow images, but maybe future upgrades will improve the capabilities.

* The Mediatek Device App also enables the control of the iPhone camera once the camera is turned on at the iPhone. Shutter control only as far as I can tell, but that's all I really need.

I also played around with the App other people have mentioned called "UWatch" at the App Store. This App has a really good interface, but seems non-functional with my setup...and apparently with most of the other users who have tried it. I hope that the developer can make a few upgrades and really enhance the UWatch experience for everyone.

Hope this is helpful to all. Best of Luck! If anyone finds further information, please post here as I will be checking back to review and answer any new questions!

Dec 1, 2015 5:02 AM in response to JamesSwain

I also have the u8 phone & iphone6 and would like to know where I can find the BT Notice that the phone requires to look at messages, operate the camera and pretty much anything else that might be useful. When I put in BT notice in the app search it comes up with smart watch notice app. Is this the same thing? If it is it gets very bad reviews so I'm not keen to spend money on a useless app.

smart watch bt notifier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.