Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lose my internet connection on my ATV2 with the last update the network works but the ATV´2 can´t set Date and Time

Since friday I update my ATV 2 trough my Mac on that day, the device show me that it is connect to the network, all my anothers devices are working well with my wifi connection, I made some test, enter to my router config as another forums talkking about of the same trouble with the ATV, I´m so fustated than after made everythig that is possible to do I can´t fix the trouble, I can´t don´t back to the previus ATV version, when I try to enter to the Home Sharing or Itunes store the message are that I not conected to the internet and I have to setup date and time, I check the data and time on my dlink router and everything are ok there, ANY IDEA I´M TIRED to try to fix it all the day, reading blog making resets and everything possible, maybe I jump some stage. 😢

By the way the Aiplay is working on my network.

Best Regards

Apple TV

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 5:16 PM

10 replies

Jun 7, 2014 6:11 PM in response to vazandrew

Hi Vazandrew thanks, I try to do that before and try again after read your post and nothing I´m still stuck on date and time and the ATV can´t connect to internet, my network are ok with high signal and all anothers device could navigate on internet as well as I said on my first post the airplay are working, the DNS are in automatic and the router is updating, any another sugestion please.

Jun 7, 2014 6:18 PM in response to guerraji

Other devices working well does not have any bearing on this.

I try to do that before and try again after read your post and nothing

That doesn't really tell me much, what exactly did you do?

Did you ensure port 123 is open on the router? Did you try ethernet? How did you check the signal? Did you get a report as suggested? What were the results?

Jun 7, 2014 6:31 PM in response to vazandrew

Ok thanks again

Yes I try Ethernet cable from the ATV to the router

I check the signal using the istumbler and the internet speed that I have on my anothere devices likes iphone, Ipad and my MacBook Pro the levelo istrubler screen is high.

This is something that I doesn´t ry how I can configurate the port 123 on my router that is a DLINK, I set the time on my router tool page 192.168.0.1 and unchek the firewall as recomended on anothers old post.

Jun 7, 2014 7:01 PM in response to vazandrew

I opennig the port 123 on my router then I put the ip of the ATV with the option schedule:always and inboud filter allow all I made that on the Port Forwarding rules of my router I restart both devices but I´m stll stuck on Setting and time, any another sugestion please.

I use this guide to do that on my router

ortforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Dlink/DIR-655/NTP.htm

Jun 9, 2014 10:51 AM in response to vazandrew

Hi Vazandrew, I just come back after to test the ATV device in the store network and it´s work without troubles so definitly something on my router is bad, I´ll try to check all the router options again if nothing working with it is time to put out my D-Link router and buy the new airport extreme, thanks again for the support, case close.

I lose my internet connection on my ATV2 with the last update the network works but the ATV´2 can´t set Date and Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.