Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find a plug in that i downloaded and put in the library/audio file when I'm in garage band

I can't find a plug in that i downloaded and put in the library/audio file when I'm in garage band?

iMac, OS MAC OS not sure whic one . 2011

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 6:54 PM

1 reply

Jun 7, 2014 10:18 PM in response to sneth

In GarageBand 10.0 and GarageBand '11 are the plugins (Audio Units) installed in

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

User uploaded file

What is the GarageBand version? Not all plug-ins are compatible with the newest version GarageBand 10.0

The version number is shown in the "About panel" in the main menu bar: GarageBand > About GarageBand

If you are having the newest GarageBand 10.0, the Audio Units will show in the ℹ panel in the Smart Controls of the Track you selected.

Scroll the "Info" pane down all the way or enlarge the Smart Controls pane by dragging the dividing line to the track area upward, until you see theAudio Unit Brick.

Most panes in GarageBand 10.0 can be scrolled. If you do not see the scroll bars, they will appear automatically, when yous start scrolling. Or enable them permanently in the System Preferences > General > Scroll Bars. This is useful, as long as you do not know yet, which panes have hidden items that will need scrolling, to make them visible.

User uploaded file

The Smart Controls need to be enabled in GarageBand Preferences >Audio Midi.

Some Audio Unit plug-ins will no longer work, since the new GarageBand 10.0 is a 64-bit only application; the 32-bit plug-ins are incompatible.

See this document: GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins

I can't find a plug in that i downloaded and put in the library/audio file when I'm in garage band

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.