Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone problems

So when I plug my headphones in, it'll have sound for just a little bit before the sound cuts out. I have to unplug and replug the headphones for them to have sound again, at which point the problem starts again. I have an iPhone 4s. Any suggestions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 8:27 PM

1 reply

Jun 10, 2014 12:45 PM in response to Leespeedgood

Hey there,

It sounds like you are having intermitent issues using headphones with your phone, that is only resolved by unplugging and reinserting them from the device. I would use the following troubleshooting from this article to help resolve the issue:

Resolve issues with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch accessories

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2634

Install the latest version of iOS. You can see which version is on your iPhone by going to the About screen.

If the device doesn't update successfully, the issue might be with your device and not the accessory. Learn how to check your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Disconnect and inspect the accessory, then restart your device

1. Disconnect the accessory and turn it off, if possible.
  2. Inspect the connection between the accessory and device and make sure that no debris or other damage is present.
  3. Restart your iOS device by turning it off, then back on. When the Home screen appears, reconnect the accessory.

Try a different device

Make sure the issue is with the accessory, if possible. Always use an identical or similar, compatible device with the accessory you're troubleshooting.

• If there's static coming from the left audio channel when you use headphones, try connecting the headphones to a similar device.
  • If the device isn't syncing when connected to the dock, connect it directly to the computer using the Apple 30-pin to USB Cable or try another USB port.
  • If you're using Lightning to 30-pin Adapter in a connection chain, try using the same adapter on a similar or identical device.

Restore iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restore your iOS device. You should rarely need to use this step with an accessory issue. If the issue only affects a third-party accessory, contact the manufacturer before restoring the device.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Headphone problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.