Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacom Intuos Tablet Touch Function Won't Work On Mac OS X

Hi there,

I recently purshased a Wacom Intos pen & touch tablet, model CTH-480. But the touch function won't work.

I've done the following, but it still won't work:

1. Re-install the driver to the latest. (Driver Driver 6.3.8-2 from http://us.wacom.com/en/support/drivers/)

2. Turned on the switch on the tablet. Whenever I touch the tablet, the blue signal light at the top-right corner will be on.

3. In the app named "Wacom Desktop Center", the "Touch Settings" shows "Touch On". So the software is configured well.

4. In the "System Preferences" --> "Walcom Tablets", the "Touch Options" is available and is able to configure. There's no option there which saya "Enable Touch Input" as seen in some tutorials online.

The other functions are perfect. I can use the pen, I can set custom functions to all buttons on the tablet.

Someone meet similar problems before? I sincerely appreciate your help!

Best Regards,

A new Walcom user in desperate 🙂

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 7, 2014 10:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2014 3:08 PM

I have the same problem-exactly.

5 replies

Aug 18, 2014 12:26 AM in response to ZINGONFIRE

I had the same exact problem. No matter what I did, tablet LED lights and diagnostic testing mode indicated touch sensors working but no corresponding screen functions. This included removing the app/plist installation through CleanMyMac 2 and a subsequent reinstall. You may have fixed your problem by now but Wacom customer support sent me this advice within a day and it worked for me on first try. Touch gesture and pen functions seem to work equally well now.

Key is to use the uninstall utility within the Wacom app itself.

---

Thank you for contacting Wacom Customer Care. The problem that you received maybe cause by a corrupted driver file. While you may have already reinstalled the driver, please follow these specific instructions:

Open your Applications folder and locate any Tablet or Wacom Tablet folders you have

Use the Utility in each of these folders and click ‘Remove’ under ‘Tablet Software’

Once the software is removed, restart the computer

Once this is complete, download and install the latest 6.38 driver from: (Current as of Aug 2014)

http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.3.8 -2.dmg

As always, make sure your tablet is connected directly to your computer. Avoid using USB hubs, keyboard/monitor ports, or docking stations with the tablets, as they can cause inconsistent behavior.

Wacom Intuos Tablet Touch Function Won't Work On Mac OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.