Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use sat nav on iPad Air without 3G or wifi

Can I use a sat nav app on my iPad Air without 3G or wifi

Posted on Jun 8, 2014 6:51 AM

15 replies

Jun 8, 2014 3:29 PM in response to Gilllud

You do need to have a cellular capable iPad. The Wifi only ones do not have GPS. However, you don't have to have have the cellular service activated. If you have a navigation app that will download the maps ahead of time (cache them), you do not need to be connected to either a WiFi or cellular network to use navigation. However, leave WiFi turned on for better accuracy.

Feb 27, 2015 1:38 AM in response to Antonio Rocco

Just because someone owns an iPad does not mean they have to be technically minded.

This was a very good question asked in all sincerity and did not deserve a sarcastic reply. If you cannot help. then do not answer.

If the OP is still around, one way I am going to try is to use the iphone as a personal hot spot and link it to my iPad.

I am sure AR will be back with another sarcastic response.

Feb 27, 2015 2:03 AM in response to awb714

Why are you commenting on a thread that's more than 6 months old? If you'd read my response you'd see I had not intended any sarcasm. Neither is it my fault that someone posting may not have fully thought through what it is they're asking which is the advice given by these Forums prior to posting.

The 'i' prefix in anything Apple makes stands for 'internet' which is common knowledge. SatNav can't possibly work without having some kind of network connection either through Wi-Fi or 3G. As I understand it asking that question is a bit like asking "can I fly to any country in the world without using a plane?".

It's OK to ask what most perceive as a 'dumb' question and it's equally OK to respond by asking if it's a serious question. There are a lot of time wasters whom have nothing better to do other than asking questions that require no answers or have no answers. "Serious or non-serious techies" like me (which I'm not) like to give something back to the community of Apple Users because (in the main) we want to be helpful.

Again no sarcasm intended to anyone.

Feb 27, 2015 4:50 AM in response to Antonio Rocco

I was s not aware there was a time limit on replies.

Having just joined the forum I asked the same question and was taken to this thread.

Being constructive, perhaps you have a problem with people who ask questions that you know the answer to and consider them pointless.

You must understand that not everyone has your knowledge and there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid answers.

I was offended by your reply to the OP and it was not even aimed at me so imagine how he felt.

A bit more sensitivity in responding to questions would prevent this.

Can I use sat nav on iPad Air without 3G or wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.