Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FEATURE REQUEST: Stream iPhone ringtones to hearing aids

I'd like to have the option to hear ringtones from incoming phone calls in my Starkey Halo "Made for iPhone" hearing aids.

(My audiologist was told by Starkey tech support that this function is not permitted by Apple. If that's not actually the case, and there's a setting somewhere that I can change to enable streaming of ringtones from phone calls, please let me know.)

With these new hearing aids being linked directly to my iPhone, the sound quality is so much better that I'm actually able to understand voices over the phone for the first time in years. It's a wonderful thing. But without being able to hear the ringtones, it's only half a solution: Outgoing calls work great, but incoming calls often go unnoticed.

Please keep in mind that users like me have trouble hearing things, and ringtones playing on the tiny iPhone speaker can be especially difficult. To be able to hear them, I have to turn the ringer volume up so loud that it seriously disturbs my co-workers. Thus, I keep the phone on silent and rely on vibration and LED flashing. But again, that's only half a solution: if the phone is in my pocket or somewhere else that I can't see or feel it, I have no idea there's an incoming call. And that means the wonderful improvement in phone call voice quality goes unused.

So Apple, please add the option to stream ringtones directly to "Made for iPhone" hearing aids. Thank you.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, Starkey Halo i110 RIC hearing aids

Posted on Jun 8, 2014 11:18 AM

8 replies

May 11, 2015 6:25 AM in response to Duffer714

It's just about a year now since you made this request and the reply was basically ask Apple. I wonder if you ever did that and whether you now can actually do what you wanted to do then. Because I would like to do that too. If only I had a ringtone at all!

I have a new but somewhat related problem. Since the latest (April/May 2015) update I no longer have sound at all on my iPhone 6. No calendar notifications and no phone ring at all. Just silent notifications and missed phone calls. The online help gives a solution for iPads that suffered this fate but I could find nothing for iPhones. Sigh!

FEATURE REQUEST: Stream iPhone ringtones to hearing aids

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.