Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store on iPhone can't preview any song or movie trailer

Hello. I'm new iPhone customer. I'm impressed about the device, however I have a problem with iTunes Store on iPhone. Whenever I try to preview a song or a movie trailer nothing happens except rotating circle for about 1 second. And that's it. I tried reset (holding Home+Power), but it didn't solve my issue. Also, I can say that when I click on Software Update there's a info 'Unable to Check for Update'. Maybe this two problems are linked? Maybe there was something wrong during the update? I'm on iOS 7.1.1. Please help me as I don't want to buy any song or rent a movie without preview before.

Thank you,

Matt

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 8, 2014 11:28 AM

3 replies

Jun 10, 2014 7:39 AM in response to MattheyC

Hello MattheyC

From everything you are describing, it sounds like you are having issues with connecting to Apple for any service. Check out the articles below to troubleshoot issues with connecting to the internet. The simplest thing to check for is to see if the date and time is set for automatic as that can be an issue for checking for updates or accessing the iTunes Store.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

iPhone: Troubleshooting a cellular data connection

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3780

Regards,

-Norm G.

Jun 10, 2014 11:13 AM in response to norm123

Thank you for your reply Norm.

Unfortunately, after following these steps my problem is still being unsolved. I restored my iPhone to the fabric settings via iTunes and it only solved a problem with checking for update. However, I still can't play any song or movie trailer. I'm suprised that even factory settings reset didn't help. Maybe it's a hardware issue? (but I don't think so tbh). Time and date is set up for automatic. Maybe it's a small problem but very annoying as I can't play anything. How can I solve it? Please help me, I would be grateful so much.

Thank you for your attention,

Matt

iTunes Store on iPhone can't preview any song or movie trailer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.