Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I rename a file or folder?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3028634 The hard drive on my computer broke a couple week ago and I just got my computer back. When I got it back the name in the computer was my mom's name because she was the one that took my computer to get fixed. Anything that says "Paddy's Mac Book Pro" I changed back to my name, but there is a file folder that I cannot get back to my name. I already tried clicking on the file and clicking the "Get Info" and, but the "Name and Extensions" tab is gray and I am unable to click on. Please help!

-Ellen

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jun 8, 2014 12:28 PM

10 replies

Jun 8, 2014 9:01 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

User uploaded file

I may not be making much sense but what I need is for the house to be renamed. I have never seen this before and I don't know why it's a house and not a folder like the folder next to it. But I cannot click on it and press return and the name and extension tab is still gray. Apologies for the grainy images, but the image uploader wasn't letting me upload the images I screen shot using the Grab application so I had to take it with my phone.User uploaded file

How do I rename a file or folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.