Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 ios 7.1.1 iTunes wifi sync unknown computer removal headache

Hello everyone,

I have an iPhone 5 it's been with me for a while. Normally I sync them both on my MacBook but just sold my MacBook recently. Ok after I took my iPhone 5 Into a service center to change back cover to it. Everything worked well with it. After I realized some issue which really gave me a head ache looking for the thread/topic on apple support. I don't have any computer at the moment to connect with iTunes to sync on together with my iPhone 5 so I can remove these computers connected on my iTunes wifi sync. I just want to remove this unknown computer names on my iTunes wifi sync from my iPhone 5 without a computer. I'm currently running on ios 7.1.1

Thanks everyone for your help :)

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 8, 2014 5:47 PM

5 replies

Jun 8, 2014 5:57 PM in response to ckuan

ckuan

Re: iPhone 5 ios 7.1.1 iTunes wifi sync unknown computer removal headache

Jun 8, 2014 5:51 PM (in response to vga725)

iPhone is designed to sync with one computer only, if you sync with another, it will first do a wipe then sync whatever is on that computer.

Thanks I understand that but the problem is not on my computer it's on my phone I don't have any computer as of now to connect or wipe out.

Jun 9, 2014 4:37 AM in response to vga725

Usually you will need to be in the same network in order to sync for both Computer and iOS device. So it will not be sync to that unknown computer unless it's nearby. For options you might need to deauthorize any computer from any iTune, still that need a computer. Simply on any iTune choose

1) Store>Sign in (sign in with your iTune ID & Pass)

2) Store> View my account

3) in account information choose >Manage Device

4) Remove (what ever computer name you don't want to sync)

iPhone 5 ios 7.1.1 iTunes wifi sync unknown computer removal headache

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.