Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes freezes since I upgraded to 11.2.2.3

running on Windows 7. It runs for a few seconds and then freezes. Only thing I can do is kill it via Task Manager. Uninstalled and re-installed according to instructions found on this board. Very frustrated. Apple, come on!!! you can do better than this? I thought your name stands for quality. I am totally not willing to create a new account or any other of the time consuming suggestions I find on this board. Just don't have the energy and I feel I shouldn't have to. Why does Apple need so many darned processes and services on my pc anyway. All it needs to do is play my music and synchthe iPhone. This should just work. My computer is new and every other software on it runs without any problems. I guess I have no choice but uninstall and live without it.

Posted on Jun 8, 2014 6:51 PM

1 reply

Jun 11, 2014 6:52 AM in response to Community User

Hello Johnbe2,

It sounds like you cannot open iTunes, as it only runs for a couple of seconds before becoming unresponsive. I can understand it would be frustrating to not be able to sync your phone or get to your media. Try opening iTunes in Safe Mode to help troubleshoot the issue named:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1717

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

Open iTunes in Safe Mode to isolate any interference from plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple.

1. Hold down Shift–Control while opening iTunes. You should see a dialog that says "iTunes is running in safe mode" before iTunes finishes starting up.
  2. Click Continue.
  3. See if the issue you're experiencing persists in Safe Mode.

If you have the same issue while iTunes is in Safe Mode, proceed to the "Create a new user account" section. If you don't experience the same issue, follow these steps to remove third-party plug-ins.

Create a new user account

By creating a new user account, you can determine if the issue affects a specific Windows user account or all accounts. Follow the steps below to create a new user account in Windows Vista or Windows 7:

1. Choose Start > Control Panel.
  2. Open "Add or remove user accounts." (If you're using the Classic view in Windows Vista, open "User Accounts," and then open "Manage another account.")
  3. Select "Create a new account" and follow the instructions to set up the account.
  4. Once you create the new account, choose Start > Log Off.
  5. Log in to the new user account.
  6. Open iTunes and see if the issue you're experiencing persists in this new user account.

There is more troubleshooting to be done if needed in the article, up to and including reinstalling iTunes. If it comes to that, there is a walkthrough to uninstall not just iTunes but its associated softwares as well for a fresh, clean install.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

iTunes freezes since I upgraded to 11.2.2.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.