Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone change my iCloud name

My MacBook was stolen 2 weeks ago. I've been tracking it on iCloud but no luck yet. Is it possible for the f*****s to change my Apple ID or to even do a master reset?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jun 8, 2014 10:55 PM

1 reply

Jun 8, 2014 11:19 PM in response to lorraine1930

An AppleID cannot be changed, but it can be disabled from being used with Apple Services. And you can set up a different one.

But first thing to do, if you have not done so already, is to change the password of your AppleID at iforgot.apple.com

Apple ID: Tips for protecting the security of your account

Have you already contacted your bank and cancelled your credit card and asked for a replacement card? And told your local authorities about the theft?

Talk to Apple's Account security team. They can disable your current AppleID and credit card for all Apple services and for further purchases, so nobody can go shopping with your credentials or access your data in iCloud.

To contact the security team:

See this webpage on how to contact Apple Support in your country: There are either telephone numbers given or an email form:

Apple ID: Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Explain, that you need help with an account security problem.

You can also try to email the iTunes Support using this form:https://ssl.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

Can someone change my iCloud name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.