Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio dropouts

I have a wireless music player (Cambridge Audio Minx) on my home express wireless network. I play internet radio built into the player. My problem is the radio drops out regularly and needs to be restarted at the player.

Cambridge say home network issue

A wired connection is not a viable option

Can I optimise the wireless network settings to prioritise the data to the wireless music player?

iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 9, 2014 12:11 AM

3 replies

Jun 9, 2014 10:22 AM in response to DavidL5161

Can I optimise the wireless network settings to prioritise the data to the wireless music player?

Sorry, but no. There is no option for your AirPort Express to do so.

Is the Express the only router in your network configuration? Which exact model is it? What is the make & model of the Internet modem that you have the Express directly connected to by Ethernet?

Where is the wireless music player located in relation to the Express when it experiences audio drop outs?

Jun 10, 2014 2:46 AM in response to Tesserax

Virgin Media Super hub internet modem/router is the start point

Softwae V2.38.01

Hardware 2.00

Hard wired to Apple Express

User uploaded file

Not sure which one is the wireless music player

Connection decribed as fair to excellant when cursor is hung over each client

It is about 10 meters away from the Express down a hall into the kitchen, no doors/walls but no direct line of sight

thanks

Jun 10, 2014 9:23 AM in response to DavidL5161

Placement of the AirPort Express relative to your Virgin Media Super hub is not critical since it is connected to the hub by Ethernet; however, the placement of the Express relative to your Minx could be a factor.

You will want the Minx to be within a 25+ dB SNR range of the Express. Please check out the following AirPort User Tip for details. Although the article is discussing the placement of an extending base station in an extended Wi-Fi network the means to measure the Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) still applies.

audio dropouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.