Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad syncs with iTunes but no control bar displayed

iPad syncs with itunes but no ipad info or menu bar displayed so cannot control functions.. Auto syncs every time connect and cannot control / select downloads. Reloaded Itunes and mobile usb app etc as per other replies to similar to this prob. No success.iOs 7.1.1. Windows 7 Pc. iTunes 11 latest ver. Help sincerely appreciated.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, Windows 7, ios 7.1.1,

Posted on Jun 9, 2014 12:46 AM

2 replies

Jun 11, 2014 12:48 PM in response to XiaoB1

Hello XiaoB1

To get the menu bar, select the Menu icon in the upper left corner and select Show Menu Bar. Then you should be able to bring back the Sidebar if you were used to that. If you want to learn to sync with the new iTunes, the last article will walk you through step by step to get you going and updated with the items that you want.

iTunes: Turning on iTunes menus in Windows 8 and 7

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5610

iTunes 11: Frequently used features

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5649

iTunes 11 for Windows: Set up syncing for iPod, iPhone, or iPad

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph12313

Regards,

-Norm G.

Jun 11, 2014 9:30 PM in response to norm123

Hi Norm G.

• Thanks for the reply. I have not phrased the question well and since have done more investigating. To date. Problem is not seeing the menu bar but iTunes not seeing the iPad.
  • The iPad has been tested on other PC's and Mac at apple store. Worked OK. Cable and ipad OK.
  • My PC is HP Pavillion DV6 laptop. Usb ports work with usb sticks and remote hard drives.
  • I have reloaded iTunes and USB drivers as well as apple mobile device driver.
  • Windows device driver recognises and shows ipad connected. It even whent into auto sync and downloaded 4.5 gig of photos onto ipad which cannot be deleted and many of themcorrupted duplicates.
  • Can see the photo folder on ipad using windows organiser.
  • iPad shows not charging (indicates connected to PC) but iTunes does not indicate it is connected and shows no information or sync control bars.
  • Have tried connecting after disabling other programs and Avast virus scanner. No Change. Read somwhere of user having clash Avast /iPad but their website forum is down due to hack!!!!
  • The only other annomoly which is a clue I haven't deciphered is that there is no disconnect device shown in the taskbar for when unplugging ipad. When using external drive or usb stick this icon appears as expected and device can be removed safetly.
  • Apple tech did say there was a problem with ipad in that duplication of photos indicated corrupted file (a known fault) that can only be reset by reseting Ipad and losing all info/downloads/maps etc. Can't back up without iTunes. But iTunes backup also backs up the operating sys with its problem as well apparently and will download it again when syncs next time. So need to try to save some of the info besides get rid of the unwanted sys prob and photos now clogging memory but with iTunes control reload info I need????

Hope yourself or others may help to next step. Still trawling web and forums without sucess.

Cheers XiaoB1

ipad syncs with iTunes but no control bar displayed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.