Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

view & cap how much I've sent with my apple ID

I would like to easily view how much I have spent on apps and other purchases easily?

I'd also like to set a cap or limit on purchases and apple warns me when purchases reach a certain limit. Is this possible?

My 9 year old son has and ipad mini and its attached to my credit card . He does check with me on purchases first and I trust him but Im afraid that within one of the many apps that require coins or purchases to get to a certain level he may not understand he is authorising the app to make purchases and is actually spending money.

For some other people this has meant large unexpected credit card bills which I want to avoid .

Thank you

Concerned Parent

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 9, 2014 4:48 AM

1 reply

Jun 9, 2014 6:31 AM in response to joshuadickson

I would like to easily view how much I have spent on apps and other purchases easily?

I'd also like to set a cap or limit on purchases and apple warns me when purchases reach a certain limit. Is this possible?

No, there is no way to see that. You can sign into the iTunes app on a Mac or PC and view your entire purchase history as individual invoices buy month. There is no way to set a cap and have the system alert you to how close you are or if you exceeded the limit.

You can set up an Apple ID for your son and configure your account to automatically fund his account a set amount as an allowance from your credit card each month.

iTunes Store Allowance -

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2105

view & cap how much I've sent with my apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.