Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie - unable to upload video clip larger than 500 MB to Vimeo

Tried to upload a video to Vimeo via "share" in iMovie on my iPhone. I get a warning "Movie is Too Large" and goes on to say the Vimeo limit is 500MB. I verified I had the correct Vimeo account referenced in settings, and it is my Vimeo Plus account which still has the full 5 GB weekly allotment available.

As a workaround, I saved the video from within iMovie, and then signed on Vimeo (using Safari) to upload the video. But, it never appeared to move past compressing the video.

I am currently out of town, and didn't bring a MacBook, or a wifi HD which would have allowed me to get the video off the phone.

Can iMovie upload a video making full use of the Vimeo Plus 5 GB video file limit?

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any solutions, or ideas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jun 9, 2014 1:16 PM

1 reply

Jul 8, 2014 2:42 PM in response to MichaelCo

I also have this issue. It is showing up on the Vimeo support forums also. Vimeo states that it is the recurrence of an old issue, and that the fault lies with Apple iMovie ios. Those of us with Plus or Pro accounts on Vimeo do not have the 500 mb limit; however, iMovie is not detecting that fact upon connection with Vimeo, and simply takes the easy way out and limits everyone to 500 mb. The solution lies with proper code being programmed into iMovie itself, apparently.

iMovie - unable to upload video clip larger than 500 MB to Vimeo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.