Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I resume editing?

I've just spent a few minutes editing an old photo. I thought I was finished but, on viewing the photo outside the editing window, I decided I wanted to crop it a little more, so I hit the edit button and ... all my previous edits disappeared! I don't want to start cropping again from scratch, and I want to keep all the other editing I did. How do I keep what I've already done, but tweak it a little?

Thanks in advamce,

Steve = : ^ )

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3), Windows XP in Parallels 9

Posted on Jun 9, 2014 4:22 PM

6 replies

Jun 9, 2014 5:06 PM in response to Old Toad

Since my initial post, I've quit iPhoto and, on restarting it, the behaviour is a little different, though still broken (worse, in fact).

The thumbnail I see in the album retains my edits. Before, I could double-click on the thumbnail and see the photo full size with the edits intact but, if I hit the Edit button, then all my previous edits disappeared.

That has now changed and, as soon as I double-click the thumbnail to see it full size, the edits disappear.

Jun 9, 2014 5:56 PM in response to LarryHN

I ran iPhoto Library Manager and rebuilt the library. I've lost the edits to the recent photo but, luckily, I had exported it, so I deleted the original and reimported the edited photo into the rebuilt library. I've also lost a few edits to recent photos. (I hope that's all!)

Interestingly, the rebuilt library is over a GB smaller than the original. Do you have any idea why that might be? I still have the original library.

Thanks,

Steve = : ^ )

Jun 10, 2014 8:32 AM in response to Erroll

Interestingly, the rebuilt library is over a GB smaller than the original. Do you have any idea why that might be?

As Larry mentioned it's probably a cache folder. If you use iPhoto to sync to another device, like an iPad, iPod, etc., there will be a folder created in the library called iPad Cache folder. It can get pretty large depending on the number of syncs performed to other devices.

Users when noticing that the library is getting rather large will go into the library package and delete that folder. That's the only change to the contents of the library's package that is not damaging to the library.

How do I resume editing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.