Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes has stopped working

I am receiving this error everytime I start iTunes. I just updated to 11.2.2 and now I can't do anything. I am using Internet Explorer 11 if that has any bearing on the problem. It occurs when iTunes tries to list my music or movies. It was not happening in my previous version (11.2.1) so I am at a loss to deal with the problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 9, 2014 8:04 PM

1 reply

Jun 12, 2014 8:07 AM in response to Shaics

Hi Shaics,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like iTunes may be failing to launch on your PC. Take a look at the suggestions in the article below and try the suggested isolation and troubleshooting tips.

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1717

Symptoms

If iTunes for Windows Vista or Windows 7 won't open, stops responding, or unexpectedly quits, try using the steps below. You may want to print this document before following these steps.

Resolution

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

Open iTunes in Safe Mode to isolate any interference from plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple.

1. Hold down Shift–Control while opening iTunes. You should see a dialog that says "iTunes is running in safe mode" before iTunes finishes starting up.
  2. Click Continue.
  3. See if the issue you're experiencing persists in Safe Mode.

If you have the same issue while iTunes is in Safe Mode, proceed to the "Create a new user account" section. If you don't experience the same issue, follow these steps to remove third-party plug-ins.

Create a new user account

By creating a new user account, you can determine if the issue affects a specific Windows user account or all accounts. Follow the steps below to create a new user account in Windows Vista or Windows 7:

1. Choose Start > Control Panel.
  2. Open "Add or remove user accounts." (If you're using the Classic view in Windows Vista, open "User Accounts," and then open "Manage another account.")
  3. Select "Create a new account" and follow the instructions to set up the account.
  4. Once you create the new account, choose Start > Log Off.
  5. Log in to the new user account.
  6. Open iTunes and see if the issue you're experiencing persists in this new user account.

If you have the same issue in the new user account, proceed to the "System-wide troubleshooting" section. If you don't experience the same issue, proceed to the "User-specific troubleshooting" section.

User-specific troubleshooting

System-wide troubleshooting

Additional Information

Manipulating or incorrectly changing the time setting on your computer can cause iTunes movie rentals to stop playing on Windows. Follow these steps, if movie rentals stop playing in Windows.

-Jason

iTunes has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.