Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes has stopped working no solution given

Hi My itunes has stopped working after latest upgrade. I have tried copying the files over as suggested online and I have also deleted all Apple software and re-installed it but this hasn't worked either. Any ideas?

iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2015 4:59 PM

I hope it's safe to say you have windows...when you I installed itunes did you uninstall it and the components in order...I found out the hard way that that was important...if you go don't do it in order you could leave "pieces"....followthis http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

After you have itunes and the components uninstalled restart your computer then reinstall itunes

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2015 4:59 PM in response to JulieMcDonnell

I hope it's safe to say you have windows...when you I installed itunes did you uninstall it and the components in order...I found out the hard way that that was important...if you go don't do it in order you could leave "pieces"....followthis http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

After you have itunes and the components uninstalled restart your computer then reinstall itunes

Jul 7, 2014 6:15 AM in response to JulieMcDonnell

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Jul 7, 2014 6:36 AM in response to JulieMcDonnell

There is a possibility that Bonjour is still installed and running even though you don't see a removal entry for it. If so then the service was probably running when you tried to reinstall which would be likely to have caused a problem. The steps in the second boxof the user tip should ensure that all Apple software is removed before you try to reinstall. If one of the components still fails in install in the usual way the sectionInstall missing components has additional advice.

tt2

Jul 12, 2014 5:55 AM in response to turingtest2

i don't believe it, had a successful installation was listening away, accessed the store and everything was right with the world. I shut down iTunes and reopened it 10 minutes later and the same message appeared. iTunes has stopped working?? I tried again and quickly ran diagnostics. It said Secure Link to iTunes Store failed. URL /iTunes/win/11.3/was not found on this server. Would be a reason?

Jul 12, 2014 6:03 AM in response to JulieMcDonnell

There may be some connection here between your error message and the fact that iTunes Help is currently broken for 11.3. That should be at http://help.apple.com/itunes/win/11.3/ but is missing, so either the wrong url has been stored in the program or somebody forgot to enable the web pages on the server when the new build went live.

tt2

itunes has stopped working no solution given

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.