Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone shared photos with me via iCloud, and, for the life of me, I cannot find them anywhere.

I have updated my software (seriously, all of it), and for whatever reason these photos are not showing up. I've opened iPhoto and clicked on "iCloud" under "shared", which, to me, seems like the perfect/only place to find these photos, yet all I get it lame instructions about how to upload my photostream (which, by the way, only goes up to early March and I promise I have taken hundreds of picture since then). I do not understand this at all. Can't a girl just get a new Facebook profile picture without having to wake people up in the middle of the night to drive an SD card to her house?

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 1:22 AM

1 reply

Jun 10, 2014 4:15 AM in response to mfdbnxc

What is your MacOS X version? Is your software compatible with iCloud Photo Sharing?

See this document: iCloud: iCloud Photo Sharing FAQ

To be able to view a Shared Photo Stream, you need:

What do I need to use iCloud Photo Sharing?

To use iCloud Photo Sharing, you need an iCloud account, compatible devices, and up-to-date software:

• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iOS 7
  • Mac using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later and either iPhoto 9.5 or Aperture 3.5
  • Apple TV with Apple TV software 6.0 or later
  • PC using Windows 7 or later and the iCloud Control Panel 3.1 or later

If you enabled the Public Website option when you set up your shared stream, your friends and family can view your photos and videos from any current web browser using a link that you provide.

The shared streams you create will also be viewable on devices with iOS 6.0 and later, iCloud Control Panel 2.1.3 and later, iPhoto 9.4 and later, Aperture 3.4 and later, or Apple TV software 5.1 and later. Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

To enable Shared Photo Streams:

How do I turn on iCloud Photo Sharing?

After you update your devices and set up your iCloud account, it’s easy to turn on iCloud Photo Sharing on any of your devices:

• iOS device: Go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and turn on Photo Sharing.
  • Mac:
    1. Choose Apple () > System Preferences.
    2. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.
    3. Turn on Photo Sharing in one of these applications:
      • iPhoto: Choose iPhoto > Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.
      • Aperture: Choose Aperture > Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Photo Sharing.
  • Apple TV: Go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Photos Settings and turn on Photo Sharing.
  • PC: Open the iCloud Control Panel for Windows and select Photos. You can click the Options button to verify that iCloud Photo Sharing is enabled and adjust the settings. Be sure to click Apply when done.

If you're using earlier versions of iOS, iCloud Control Panel, iPhoto, or Aperture, you can still create and view shared photo streams. Learn more.

Someone shared photos with me via iCloud, and, for the life of me, I cannot find them anywhere.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.