Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.2.2.3 keeps crashing when I enter it

Hi guys, I've downloaded iTunes nearly 5 months ago (my current OS is Windows 8.1). When I updated into the latest version, which is 11.2.2.3, I cannot enter iTunes any longer, it crashed right after I've click the icon. I've tried to uninstall iTunes and cleaned registry, but it didn't solve my problem. I've also tried all method in this page but the result was just the same: http://miapple.me/fixing-itunes-11-crashes-on-windows-8-and-windows-8-1/

This is very annoyed and make me really mad. I hope you guys will give me a solution to fix this.
Thanks!

iPod nano, Windows 8

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 10:28 AM

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If you've already tried a complete uninstall and reinstall try opening iTunes in safe mode (hold down CTRL+SHIFT) as you start iTunes, then going to Edit > Preferences > Store and turning off Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases. You may find iTunes will now start normally.

tt2

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2014 10:28 AM in response to Daniel Nguyen

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

If you've already tried a complete uninstall and reinstall try opening iTunes in safe mode (hold down CTRL+SHIFT) as you start iTunes, then going to Edit > Preferences > Store and turning off Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases. You may find iTunes will now start normally.

tt2

Jun 15, 2014 9:51 PM in response to Daniel Nguyen

I have window 7. I updated to the most recent update. As soon as I open itunes it freezes and I can only close it by using the task manager. I've gone through all the advise that has been given through the support pages and the info above. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, down to all the levels indicated. No luck. I've tried safe mode and using a new account. Thought that did it, but no.

This is absolutely rediculous. There must be a fix or method to change this. Help?!

Jun 16, 2014 12:21 PM in response to turingtest2

I've tried all the steps above and no joy. I turned off itunes match, which seems to have stopped itunes crashing within seconds of me opening the application, but when I try to sync my ipod it just hangs half way through transferring a file to my device.

I think it's time Apple issued another patch.

itunes is pretty much useless as it stands at the moment.

Jun 27, 2014 12:03 PM in response to Daniel Nguyen

I just wanted to chime in that I am having the same problem. As soon as I updated iTunes 11.2.2.3 on my Windows 7 64-bit, it crashes right away with the message, "iTunes has stopped working." Very annoying. I usually ignore the update prompts for a while before I actually install them, so I regret installing this one when I did!

I unchecked "Show iTunes purchases in the cloud" under preferences and iTunes appears to be working now...

iTunes 11.2.2.3 keeps crashing when I enter it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.