Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not recognising the letter "Ó"

Hi everyone,

I've been having a bit of a problem and I thought I'd ask you guys; iTunes doesn't seem to be recognising the letter "Ó" (O with accent), so that when I have artists with their name beginning with "Ó", they are sorted alphabetically by the next letter in their names. For example, Ólafur Arnalds is sorted just after the "L"'s in the artist list.

Please let me know if you have any solutions, I've been stuck on this for ages...

Thanks a lot,

Sam.

iPad, iOS 7.0.3, iPad Air

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 10:43 AM

iTunes certainly used to handle the sorting of accented letters quite well, but there is always a chance that something has been broken in recent builds. A workaround is to set the Sort Artist and/or Sort Album Artist value to, for this example, Olafur Arnalds. You can do this with a single track, then right click and use Apply Sort Field > All Matching Fields.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2014 10:43 AM in response to samcooke343

iTunes certainly used to handle the sorting of accented letters quite well, but there is always a chance that something has been broken in recent builds. A workaround is to set the Sort Artist and/or Sort Album Artist value to, for this example, Olafur Arnalds. You can do this with a single track, then right click and use Apply Sort Field > All Matching Fields.

tt2

iTunes not recognising the letter "Ó"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.