Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I download photos to the Ipad

I have photos that I would like to download to my Ipad from my PC. Do I have to send them via email?

iPad

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 10:31 AM

3 replies

Jun 10, 2014 10:37 AM in response to joanmb

You can sync them via your computer's iTunes. To sync photos, connect and select your iPad on the left-hand sidebar of your computer's iTunes (you can enable the sidebar via control-S on a PC), and on the right-hand side there should be a series of tabs, one of which should be Photos - if you select that tab you can then select which photo folders to sync to the iPad (you can only sync entire folders). There is a bit more info on this page. You will need to sync all the photos that you want on the iPad together in one go as only the most recent photo sync remains on the iPad - synced photos can't be deleted directly on the iPad, instead they are deleted by not including them in the next photo sync.

If your photos are spread throughout your computer, and/or you don't want to copy all the photos in each folder, then you could email them to yourself and then save them from the Mail app, or there are third-party photo management apps such as Photo Manager Pro (app's help pages) which allow greater control over your photos (e.g. that app allows to select individual photos for copying to the app, you can delete synced photos directly in the app).

Jun 10, 2014 11:10 AM in response to joanmb

Another way. You can use a USB flash drive & the camera connection kit.

Plug the USB flash drive (works the same with an SD card) into your computer & create a new folder titled DCIM. Then put your movie/photo files into the folder. The files must have a filename with exactly 8 characters long (no spaces) plus the file extension (i.e., my-movie.mov; DSCN0164.jpg).

Now plug the flash drive into the iPad using the camera connection kit. Open the Photos app, the movie/photo files should appear & you can import. (You can not export using the camera connection kit.)

Using The iPad Camera Connection Kit

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4101

 Cheers, Tom 😉

How do I download photos to the Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.