Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to increase the status bar font size

I need to wear reading glasses, and sometimes it is difficult for me to read a window's status bar. I need to increase its font size, but none of the options in the Preference pane seems to help. I need to do this for all applications.

Does anybody know whether this font size can be increased?

Thank you!

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 2:20 PM

You might look at System Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom. Once you enable Use keyboard shortcuts, you can toggle your zoom between normal and a predefined zoom factor in the More Options... panel.

Just the default zoom may be good enough for you.

The key combination option+command+8 zooms you in, and option+command+8 restores normal view.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2014 2:20 PM in response to Alvaro_de_la_Ossa

You might look at System Preferences > Accessibility > Zoom. Once you enable Use keyboard shortcuts, you can toggle your zoom between normal and a predefined zoom factor in the More Options... panel.

Just the default zoom may be good enough for you.

The key combination option+command+8 zooms you in, and option+command+8 restores normal view.

how to increase the status bar font size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.