Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP 7 Color + Mavericks = No video preview

Folks, I haven't used Color in awhile. Just fired it up on my new iMAC 27" running Mavericks. I have a second 22" monitor.

All seems fine, but I can only preview the scopes. I cannot preview the video itself.

Poking around and noticing other issues, people are saying it could be related to my video card.

How can I use Color in Mavericks?

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 3:48 PM

2 replies

Jun 10, 2014 4:17 PM in response to luthier

Color is designed to be used with a video IO card, like the kinds AJA, BlackMagic Design and Matrox make. Do you have any of those on your system? Because the video preview interface in Color is highly innacurate.

And this might be a victim of obselence...an app discontinued 3 years ago by Apple not working on their latest OS.

Hey...anyone else have Mavericks on their system and FCS 3? Does Color work for you all?

Jun 11, 2014 12:01 AM in response to Shane Ross

Thanks Shane.

I know, I know. FCP 7 Color is old news!

I tried installing DaVinci Resolve, but my video card is only 512MB and cannot run it. (Unbelievable, since I've got a 2013 iMac with 3TB fusion drive, 24GB RAM, thunderbolt SSD and external scratch disks!)

May need to grade in After Effects via roundtrip from FCP 7. Bleh.

FCP 7 Color + Mavericks = No video preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.