Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook Pro Network Not Found

I purchased a new MacBook Pro to replace my old 2008 MacBook Pro. I had no trouble setting up internet access, but AirPort doesn't show my Time Capsule or my NAT drive. Nor doe's time capsule show up in Finder or disc utilities. Acessing the Time Capsule settings on my old laptop I don't see anything preventing my new laptop from seeing my network attached devices (printer, hard drive, etc). Even my iBank account on my new laptop will not sync with my iPad. It doesn't show any devices to sync with, but all works fine using my old laptop. How do I get my new MacBook Pro on the same network as my other devices? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2014 3:44 AM

What model TC is it?? A1xxx from the base please.

The new MBP is on Mavericks which has all kinds of issues with the older TC (newer ones as well).

It is most important that ipv6 is set to link-local in the computer wireless. Is it??

User uploaded file

If no luck do a full setup of the TC again from the new computer.

This will not delete any files.. but you will to redo the setup of any other clients.

The method is here.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5800974?tstart=0

This shows how to do a full manual setup.

Any issues.. please give where you got up to. And what is going wrong.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2014 3:44 AM in response to Alte Weisen

What model TC is it?? A1xxx from the base please.

The new MBP is on Mavericks which has all kinds of issues with the older TC (newer ones as well).

It is most important that ipv6 is set to link-local in the computer wireless. Is it??

User uploaded file

If no luck do a full setup of the TC again from the new computer.

This will not delete any files.. but you will to redo the setup of any other clients.

The method is here.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5800974?tstart=0

This shows how to do a full manual setup.

Any issues.. please give where you got up to. And what is going wrong.

Jun 12, 2014 11:18 AM in response to LaPastenague

Discovered that I still have an issue syncing my iBank data with my iPhone and iPad. I can setup both ios devices to sync (Wi-Fi sync), but neither will actually sync. Also I am still unable to locate my WD My Cloud NAT drive. I've compared my network settings with my old MacBook Pro and everything is the same (except my old laptop has the IPV6 configured to Automotic), but my old MacBook Pro has no trouble accessing my NAT drive or syncing Wi-Fi app data.

I chated this morning with Apple Support and they suggested pressing the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time, then restarting the laptop. But that didn't resolve anything, except put me back to square one.

Could there be a hardware issue? I only have a few days left to return my new system for a refund.

Jun 12, 2014 2:25 PM in response to Alte Weisen

I have not used iBank (cannot say I have even heard of it) and syncing is something that the TC should be irrelevant to. Any network connection should work.. failure can be due to any number of issues and it is never easy to test where the failure happens.

Also I am still unable to locate my WD My Cloud NAT drive.

This is a straight network issue.

I do not use WD NAS products.. stay right away in fact. They are renowned for issues with Apple systems.

Nevertheless the NAS must be at least available on the network. Please tell me if you can ping it.

Open a terminal and ping the NAS by IP and by name. If both fail, either the setup of the NAS is wrong or the computer is blocked from access to it.

Open the network utilities.

In mavericks apple have moved it and you will need to just search for it..

Do a netstat scan and see if the NAS is available at all.. it probably should be set with the correct setup to keep a static IP. If it will not work by name use IP. It should also be in the same domain as the computers.. domain is local by default but I am seeing issues where the domain is not correct.

Mavericks if you didn't know made a big change to SMB network protocol by default.

It is therefore a big issue where names are like apple names.

As per my instructions in the manual setup.. please try again using all short names in the TC.. very short, less than 10 characters please. No spaces and pure alphanumeric.

Mount the NAS manually using the name with domain..

Try using SMB1 as I hear SMB2 is buggy.

So if SMB://WDNAS.local OR SMB://WDIPaddress eg SMB://10.0.1.100 (replace with the actual IP and WDNAS replace with the actual network name of the NAS).

Replace SMB with CIFS

I am not sure if WD MyCloud can handle AFP but you could also try changing SMB with AFP.

New MacBook Pro Network Not Found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.