Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Dropping calls

I got my iphone 5 in Sept 2013, which was close to the update of iOS 7. I have completed every update since. Ever since I switched to iphone 5, I've had cutting out and dropped calls. It's extremely annoying because it does it on EVERY call. I've had Verizon for many many years and have never had this problem with them or with any other phone. I owned an iphone 4 before this one and it worked great. I called Verizon and they had me reset the phone (which I do every week anyway), then she had me add the new towers by resetting the network setting. None of the things I was told to do have worked. And I know it's their job, but the techs talk to you like you are completely ignorant. Is this a software problem? If so, do we have to wait until September to get this problem fixed or will we have another update before iOS 8? If it isn't a software problem, then how do I fix this???? Please help!!!!

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, My iphone 5 drops every call!

Posted on Jun 11, 2014 12:57 AM

3 replies

Jun 14, 2014 7:02 PM in response to griff w

Thank you so much griff w for trying to help me. I had already tried all those steps but went back and tried them again. I guess I need to take my phone into an apple dealer to see what's wrong with it. By seeing all the other users having my same problem, I would think its safe to assume it's a software problem. I never had this problem before with my other iPhone.

Jun 14, 2014 7:32 PM in response to Kaydi35

Kaydi35 wrote:

By seeing all the other users having my same problem, I would think its safe to assume it's a software problem.

No, I think it's pretty likely to be a hardware problem. If it were a software problem, it would be common and, really, it's not. It's definitely time to take it to the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store.

I had an iPhone 5 on Verizon, never had any dropped call issues. It worked as well as the iPhone 4S before it and the 5S since.

Best of luck.

iPhone 5 Dropping calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.