Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 yellow screen

Got a service replacement a while ago, realised it had this sub-optimal yellow tint to it and went back, the genius very kindly explained, let me saw another 2 samples of replacements, and said try again some time later when another batch arrives, or leave the screen on longer. This was at the Hysan store.

So a few months passed by and i visited the IFC store and asked about it. I did not get a kind treatment this time, getting responses that it's normal, that different phones are calibrated differently, and kept silent when two of them pulled out their own i5s's for comparison to find that mine had this different screen. Getting a service replacement and fixing other issues doesn't mean i can tolerate with a different screen that's not what's displayed or advertised. One of them seem to think that I'm trying to get a replacement just for the sake of it, not helpful, and said he will only open ONE replacement for me to see - so is it my fault that this phone, or your batch of phones have wrong screens put on? When i asked him whether from his recent experience, he witnessed whether the screens are yellow-ish or not, he seemed to consistenltly misunderstand that I want him to open a bunch of replacements now, and when I made myself very very clear, he said he was not aware, didn't pay attention to screen colour - well how on earth would you instantly tell me about screen calibration then? To be honest opening one more replacement would do it for me, i just want to see whether this batch is improved especially when my warranty is going to expire, but there is no need to be unfriendly, i mean, afterall it's Apple who is handing out replacements that are different in spec to what I had originally, and what was/is advertised.

Sad to say seems like customer service is deteriorating, at least in HK.

Anyone had similar issue and solved?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 11:14 PM

1 reply

iphone 5 yellow screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.