Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting cassette to dvd...

Hi

I am wanting to convert my video recordings off the cassette to a dvd.

I have been informed that they get downloaded as AVI files and VOB files.

Which is easier to use on the mac, as I would like then to edit the downloaded family movies off the dvds...

Posted on Jun 11, 2014 2:27 AM

7 replies

Jun 13, 2014 9:08 AM in response to Goldilocks67

I have been in the process of doing just that. First, I went online and ordered a video capture device and plugged it into my iMac and then into my vcr. It converts your movies to mp4 format automatically. Super easy. Then I have been moving them onto external hard drives I have. I haven't burned any dvds yet but I wouldn't think that would be a problem.

Jun 13, 2014 9:09 AM in response to Goldilocks67

I have been in the process of doing just that. First, I went online and ordered a video capture device and plugged it into my iMac and then into my vcr. It converts your movies to mp4 format automatically. Super easy. Then I have been moving them onto external hard drives I have. I haven't burned any dvds yet but I wouldn't think that would be a problem.

Converting cassette to dvd...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.