Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 5S is getting hot

Hello today i was using whatsapp only but the network was continuously searching and refreshening because there wasn't enough coverage after a while (30 - 40 min ) my iphone turned very hot at its edges note that this does not occur when the iphone is connected to the wifi .

Is that a normal case ?

And when iphone over heating is a critical case ?

Please and thank you

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 11, 2014 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 6:38 AM

Hello M.chakur,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I see you are concerned about the temperature of your iPhone 5s. The article below explains more about why the temperature of an iPhone can increase, and how to keep the device within its acceptable temperature.

When using the device or charging the battery, it is normal for it to get warm. The exterior of

the device functions as a cooling surface that transfers heat from inside the device to the cooler air outside.

Higher ambient temperature conditions and activities that may cause the device to alter performance and behavior include:

• Leaving the device in a car on a hot day.
  • Leaving the device in direct sunlight for an extended period of time.
  • Using certain features in hot conditions or direct sunlight for an extended period of time, such as GPS tracking or navigation in a car, or playing a graphics-intensive game.

iOS devices: Keeping device within acceptable operating temperatures

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2101

Take care,

Alex H.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2014 6:38 AM in response to M.chakur

Hello M.chakur,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I see you are concerned about the temperature of your iPhone 5s. The article below explains more about why the temperature of an iPhone can increase, and how to keep the device within its acceptable temperature.

When using the device or charging the battery, it is normal for it to get warm. The exterior of

the device functions as a cooling surface that transfers heat from inside the device to the cooler air outside.

Higher ambient temperature conditions and activities that may cause the device to alter performance and behavior include:

• Leaving the device in a car on a hot day.
  • Leaving the device in direct sunlight for an extended period of time.
  • Using certain features in hot conditions or direct sunlight for an extended period of time, such as GPS tracking or navigation in a car, or playing a graphics-intensive game.

iOS devices: Keeping device within acceptable operating temperatures

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2101

Take care,

Alex H.

My iphone 5S is getting hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.