Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently added playlists not updating

Am getting quite frustrated. My recently added is fine on iTunes on the computer but via match on my Apple TV it's not showing recent added songs. It's like the playlist stopped updating as any songs added in last 10 days are not showing on the playlist. They are showing in the main library on my Apple TV so it's just the playlist. I created a similar smart playlist called recently purchased with similar rules, only diff is songs must of been purchased and this is behaving exactly the same in that any songs added last ten days are not on it. Sonething is working because I changed the rule to must if been added in last thirty days and it updated Apple TV playlist in as much as it then displayed a lot more songs in recently added going back that far but still none if the very recent ones in last ten days

Why is it not mirroring itunes and updating - any else see the same?

Posted on Jun 11, 2014 12:23 PM

3 replies

Mar 26, 2015 9:21 PM in response to Scottyboy99

I am having the same problem. I just purchased an album via my iPad's iTunes Store app. It shows up in the Recently Added playlist in the Music app, and in the same playlist in iTunes on my Mac. It does not show up in the Recentlt Added playlist on my Apple TV! I use iTunes Match. Also, Home Sharing is on. I don't have the slightest idea why this anomaly is occurring.

Mar 28, 2015 11:19 AM in response to Scottyboy99

I've been having this same exact issue since updating my iPhone to iOS 8.2 - didn't experience this issue prior to that. I normally sync my phone via wifi, and I thought that might not be working. But just connected my phone directly to my computer, and still experiencing the same issue (playlists not updating).

Until Apple can fix this bug, the only workaround I've found that actually works is this - on your iOS device, go into settings and then scroll down to the Music sub-section and open that up. There is a slider called "iTunes Match". I turned it off, waited a second or two, and then turned it back on. At least for me, that seems to cause a proper sync to happen, without causing any side effects. Again, that's my personal experience.

Recently added playlists not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.