Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air (6,2): Big battery life problem after installing SMC2.0

Hi,

I would recommend NOT to install the SMC 2.0 upgrade!!!

I did, hoping to get an even better battery life than before. I got 12-20 hours before. Directlynafter the upgrade I got 2-3 hours, starting at 100%... :-(((((((

I'm totally shocked. Downgrading to an older SMC version doesn't work, an error message appears when I try to install SMC 1.9 saying that this upgrade doesn't work on my machine.

To solve the problem I installed also the new EFI 2.8 upgrade. Before that, the battery life had dropped to approx. 2-3 hours, after the EFI upgrade and a SMC reset there is an improvement to perhaps 6 hours but it's far from reaching the duration from before the "upgrade"...

Until the upgrade yesterday, my machine worked like a charm, battery life was perfect. Now I'm frustrated, that the upgrade destroyed this state... :-(

Any hints? Does anyone have similar problems??? Any help is appreciated!

Greetings,

Eike

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3), 8GB, 512 GB RAM, 1.7 GHz

Posted on Jun 11, 2014 2:38 PM

19 replies

Jun 17, 2014 10:05 AM in response to Andrii111

Andrii111 wrote:

BTW does anybody know how to roll back to previos versions SMC/EFI?

you cant and you wouldn't want to

your battery discharge is the same as before, wait for spotlight to finish, can take up to a week depending on time per day in hours of use.

AFTER the SMC update, spotlight needs to re-index itself, and this causes the machine to radically adjust the battery % reporting for a few days (depending on how long you have it on per day)

stop worrying so much. 😊

MacBook Air (6,2): Big battery life problem after installing SMC2.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.