Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trailers app is terrible

SInce the update before last, the Trailers App has become so slow it's unusable. I've got the ATV via ethernet and have good bandwidth. It used to work fine but now it pre-loads for 90 + seconds before the trailer starts and it still ends up stalling two or three times near the end of the trailer. Like I said: It used to be fine but now it's terrible.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jun 11, 2014 5:32 PM

21 replies

Jun 12, 2014 2:30 PM in response to vazandrew

ATV reset and restarted.

Modem and router have been reset.

DNS is on auto.

My download speed is over 50 mbps

I can watch trailers in HD from the Movies App on the ATV no problem. The Trailers App works fine on my iPad via wifi. Only the Trailers App on the ATV stinks and it didn't before.

I tried the Network test and despite the fact that everything else via network works fine, the ATV will not connect with the Apple network some of the time. When it does connect, I test at the highest speed 10mbp and it only tells me "completed" for a result.

Jun 13, 2014 9:55 AM in response to vazandrew

Now I'm having trouble connecting to this discussion page. Bad gateway keeps popping up. But only on discussions.apple. All other sites are fine. and I can't add an image now. Proxy error on the upload page. Geez.

I know my wifi is fine and getting a good signal.

2.4 Ghz: Level bars all green _ S/N 53db _ -24 dBm _ -77 dBm

5 Ghz: Level bars all green _ S/N 54db _ -38 dBm _ -92 dBm

ATV is connected and working fine on ethernet.

I have no issues with the App on wifi.

I have no issues with any other App on the ATV.

I can watch the exact same preview via Movies App but not Trailers App and I assume they are both coming from iTunes.

Wifi tab tells me both my router's signals are at max strength and that there are about 150 other networks in the area.

Bonjour tab tells me my ATV is connected

Jul 31, 2014 2:13 PM in response to Les Vogt1

I'm having the same exact issue as the OP. I'm sure the problem is at Apple's end as I'm having no streaming issue with any other app on my Apple TV.

I really hate that the trailers app is now unusable as I used to love watching trailers on it while it was still working.

It's so frustrating that I have no way of contacting Apple about this short of paying for support which I'm sure will get me nowhere.

trailers app is terrible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.