Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

applications using iTunes scripting interface

when I close down my iTunes its been coming up with "one or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface" What's going on? and can it be disabled?

iTunes for Windows-OTHER, iTunes, iPod, and storage

Posted on Jun 12, 2014 9:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2014 9:28 AM

What software is running in the task bar? iTunes Folder Watch? Last.FM? Something has to be talking to iTunes. Close that first and the problem will go away.

tt2

9 replies

Jun 12, 2014 12:45 PM in response to turingtest2

all I mainly have in the task bar is items pinned to task bar and not even opened except Google Chrome. other then that its basically might be in the quick launch on Windows 8.1

Feb 12, 2016 2:37 AM in response to turingtest2

I have the same problem and tried autoruns. Thanks for the info. But I get a fairly long list of programes and they are anything but self-explaining, if you are not an expert. How can I find out who is talking to itunes? And then I just untick the box in order to disable it? Might that cause problems somewhere else, since there could be a good reason why it is in the start-ups?

Feb 12, 2016 3:06 AM in response to dosdo

It is a shame Hawkeye.Keith didn't tell us what program he'd found was causing the issue for him. With luck something would suggest itself from the list as being media related. I've mentioned iTunes Folder Watch and Last.FM already, and I think some Bluetooth utilities also attach to iTunes. What items do you have in the task bar/notification area?

tt2

Feb 12, 2016 4:03 AM in response to turingtest2

in the task bar bottom right except for the black-and-white system icons: Dropbox, Norton Antivirus, Intel HD Graphics, Bluetooth Devices, Realtek HD Audio Manager, Microsoft Office Upload Center, Intel Rapid Storage Technology, One Drive, iCloud, Cisco VPN

BTW: My Bluetooth is not working at all, when trying to connect with an external speaker, maybe this is a related problem.

applications using iTunes scripting interface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.