Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I being prompted to sign in to Mevio.com

For the past few day when I refresh podcasts via iTunes on my Mac, I get a prompt to log into www.mevio.com, an organization I've never dealt with before. Is this something new with the latest version of iTunes?

OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 12, 2014 12:22 PM

32 replies

Jun 13, 2014 10:22 PM in response to timadams

I started having the exact same problem as you, about the same time as you. I also get prompted when I try to visit www.mevio.com

The dialogue keeps popping up in iTunes. Even after I tried turning off all my podcast subscriptions.

This is the dialogue that keeps prompting in my iTunes and making my iTunes icon jump in the dock.

It's driving me crazy. Who are these iTerrorists?

It doesn't even say which podcast, so I could remove it and [pod]cast it into the fires of ****. Somebody please uncover the solution to this problem !

User uploaded file

Jun 14, 2014 7:52 AM in response to Zool The Tool

I see what you mean. ITunes doesn't give any indication of the actual server location of each podcast. Without that, it's challenging to discover which of your podcasts is the one causing the trouble. In iTunes, do any of your podcasts have and alert symbol next to them? That might be the only tip you will have as to which podcast is causing the problem.

As for background on Mevio, they recently exited the podcast hosting business. You can read about that here.

http://davidjackson.org/2014/04/mevio-failed/

The iTunes store is only a directory of odcasts, it doesn't host the podcast files for download. It just has pointers to the files on whatever server the author is using to host the files. When that server stops accepting connections (like Mevio did), your downloads will fail. Unfortunately, iTunes can't fix this. You have to get in touch with the podcast author, and if they have moved their podcast to a new hosting server, then they need to update their entry in the iTunes store to point to the new host. If their new host is up and running, but iTunes store isn't updated yet, you should be able to subscribe to the new server manually. iTunes has an option to subscribe to a new podcast manually, so you'd just need the new URL to paste into the requisite field.

Jun 14, 2014 8:09 AM in response to cpragman

⚠ Only Mac OS Ken - because I need to catch up on the episodes and therefore it has stopped downloading new episodes.

"You have to get in touch with the podcast author, and if they have moved their podcast to a new hosting server, then they need to update their entry in the iTunes store to point to the new host"

-- I wish I could. But who is the podcast author?

I've now tried turning off the subscription on ALL my podcasts. Let's see if it keeps prompting me grrrrr lol

It's driving me nuts.

Why am I being prompted to sign in to Mevio.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.