Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Withdraw Apple Currency

Hello, my name is David, and I had a question/ concern.

I recently got a $50 apple itunes gift card, but upgraded to an android smartphone soon afterwards. I would like to know if it were possible to remove the remaining money from my account, and put it in paypal, or google play/google wallet cash. If that is not possible, treat this post as a complaint, and revise your system, because it is MY my money, and the apple ecosystem needs to not hold peoples cash to a service they never use anymore.

-Thank You, David

iOS 7

Posted on Jun 12, 2014 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2014 12:55 PM

We are fellow users here on these user-to-user forums, you're not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple.

If you haven't redeemed the gift card then you could sell it.

For your account's balance, from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5035 :

You can't redeem or return iTunes Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, and unused store credit balances for cash except as required by law.

If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can request a refund by contacting iTunes Store Support, selecting a support category and topic, and including the following information in your request detail:

• Apple ID (this is your iTunes Store account name)
  • Store credit refund amount
  • Current shipping address

Additional information may be requested for verification purposes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2014 12:55 PM in response to Magikarp Drowned

We are fellow users here on these user-to-user forums, you're not talking to iTunes Support nor Apple.

If you haven't redeemed the gift card then you could sell it.

For your account's balance, from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5035 :

You can't redeem or return iTunes Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, and unused store credit balances for cash except as required by law.

If your jurisdiction allows for refund of redeemed gift balances, you can request a refund by contacting iTunes Store Support, selecting a support category and topic, and including the following information in your request detail:

• Apple ID (this is your iTunes Store account name)
  • Store credit refund amount
  • Current shipping address

Additional information may be requested for verification purposes.

Withdraw Apple Currency

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.