Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgrading operating system

Hello we have an old Power Mac G5 Quad 64bit desktop computer with a 10.4.11 operating system. We are just now looking into upgrading. I was told by Apple support they no longer carry the 10.5 disk and that I would need to look to ebay to purchase the disk. I found the Lepard installation disk on ebay and I'm needing help on which to purchase.

Apple Mac OS X Leopard ... I have found 2 boxes that have an X on the front with a background color of either red or purple/blue. I don't know if the background color means anything but if they do I don't want to purchase the wrong one.

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard Server 10 Client Full Retail Install Package DVD Disc .... also has an X with a green background, the box says it's a server, not sure if I need to purchase this also along with the purple one or red one.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 12, 2014 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2014 2:32 PM

You can purchase either of the Mac OS X Leopard boxes. The additional software in the Mac OS X Server one isn't needed for most people.

(108200)

4 replies

Jun 12, 2014 9:21 PM in response to ypmor76

Thank you for your answer, I have one more question i noticed that boxes have different numbers after the five such as... 10.5.1, 10.5.4, 10.5.6. Do I have to get the 10.5.1 first then purchase the others and install those also? Does it matter, or will any of these do the same thing going from 10.4.11 straight to 10.5.6 ?

upgrading operating system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.