Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems installing Adobe Flash Player 14.0.0.125.

Can not get my MacBook Pro 17" to install Adobe Flash Player 14.0.0.125. Our iMac installed it.

The system hangs forever looking for resources

MacBook Pro (17-inch Core 2 Duo), OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Jun 12, 2014 2:26 PM

16 replies

Jun 12, 2014 6:35 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks Carolyn,

Thats how this all got started.

I have followed Adobe's suggestion to uninstall Flash Player and tried a fresh install. Would not install that way either.

Went back and installed 13.xxx no problem

Then tried to upgrade same problem.

Reloaded OSX 10.9.3 and repeated all of the above... still can not load version 14.xxx

Thanks for you help

Jun 13, 2014 6:44 AM in response to jimoase

I'm having the same problem. I followed Adobe's suggestion and uninstalled the older Flash Player from my system, but the Adobe 14.0.0.125 Flash Player still just hangs when saying it's trying to download. I don't get any message saying that it's looking for resources, however.

Any suggestions on resolving this issue would be most helpful. I also have a Macbook Pro, 15 inch.

Jun 13, 2014 7:52 AM in response to jimoase

How did you reinstall Adobe 13.xxxx? I still have the installer for it, but when I run it, all I get is an error message that doesn't really explain what the problem is. Essentially, thanks to Adobe's bad install for 14.xxxx and their advice that I remove the earlier version to get the new installer to work, I have no flash player at all.

Jun 13, 2014 8:08 AM in response to tsd707

Okay, after a lot of searching, I finally found the following link from an Adobe website problems page that will download the Adobe 14.xxxx installer directly, instead of using that "AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_....dmg" file that consistenly fails. The installer that you will get is called "install_flash_player_osx-2.dmg" and this actually installed & worked.

Here's the direct downloader link: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_pla yer_osx.dmg

You have to scroll down this page about 3/4 of the way down to find the direct downloader link:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.ht ml#main-pars_heading_11

where you'll see the heading "Download from the direct link"

So I finally have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed. I don't know why Adobe has to make this so difficult.

Jun 13, 2014 8:09 AM in response to tsd707

Good Morning,

I found an archieve of all kinds of Flash Players here

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html#Flash %20Player%20archives

Picked a 13.xxx version for the Mac and installed it.

Incidently in the System Preferences I have selected let Adobe automatically update Flash Player and nothing has happened so far with that automatic feature.

Hope this helps

Jun 17, 2014 7:17 PM in response to jimoase

Hi, someone can help me here ?

NPAPI Plug-in version 14.0.0.125 is installed.

PPAPI Plug-in is not installed.

well i think i need the PPAPI Plug-in to save caches to my AFP, well you see I'm playing Divosaga and supposed to be i'll be ask if i'm going to allow the site to store files to my AFP but that doesn't appear ...

Jul 11, 2014 2:29 PM in response to jimoase

Hopefully, you'll be installing the 14.0.0.145 Flash update very soon - however the same problem you experienced persists with that.

Fortunately there is a simple solution.

There appears to be a problem with Adobe Flash Player Install Manager - the simple answer is to let the system install the flash update instead:

When you use the Flash updater, it downloads a disk image to a temp folder (inside /private/var/folders but you don't need to know that). This is automatically mounted (briefly) while the app 'Adobe Flash Player Install Manager' launches. Adobe Flash Player Install Manager is supposed to manage the whole instillation but in some case it gets stuck. If this process fails for you (such as hanging on 95% completion), there is a very simple route forward which doesn't require you to open your browser or manually download anything.

It only requires 3 steps and you can be 100% sure you are getting the correct update - the one Adobe tried to install but failed. I've broken these down into detailed but very simple substeps (further down this post) for anybody who is unsure, but experienced users can probably just follow these three steps:

1. Force quit Adobe Flash Player Install Manager
  2. Locate and mount the Flash Player Installer disk image with Disk Utility
  3. Locate the Adobe Flash Player installer package within the Install Manager app and run the installation from Finder

Hope this helps. Enjoy.

---

Those steps in detail (as carried out in OSX 10.6.8).

1. Force quit Adobe Flash Player Install Manager

1. Press these three keys together: Cmd + Option (or Alt) + esc
  2. Select Adobe Flash Player Install Manager in the popup window titled "Force Quit Applications"
  3. Hit return or click the button labelled "Force Quit"

2. Locate and mount the Flash Player Installer disk image with Disk Utility

1. Open Disk Utility (in Applications/Utilities folder or find it with Spotlight)
  2. On the left hand side, your attached drives and mounted volumes are listed above a horizontal line. Below that line you should see one or more disk images (named e.g. something.dmg). These are recently accessed disk images - including one containing the adobe updater.
  3. At or near the bottom of that list you should see something called decryptedFile.dmg
  4. Under that you might see a (greyed out) volume image called Flash Player
  5. Double click decryptedFile.dmg (or the Flash Player volume if you can see it - it makes no difference).
  6. This should mount a volume titled "Flash Player" and automatically open a finder window showing the contents.
  7. The volume "Flash Player" will show up in your Finder sidebar and on your desktop (unless you've chosen not to show External Disks in Finder preferences)

3. Locate the Adobe Flash Player installer package and run the installation from Finder

1. You should by now have a Finder window open showing the contents of the volume "Flash Player". If not, open a new Finder window and click on Flash Player in the sidebar. The sole contents are an app called Install Adobe Flash Player.
  2. Right click the item "Install Adobe Flash Player" and select "Show Package Contents" from the contextual menu that appears.
  3. This opens a new window showing a folder called "Contents". Open it by double clicking to reveal the contents including a folder called "Resources".
  4. Locate and open the folder "Resources" and look for a file called Adobe Flash Player (Adobe Flash Player.pkg)
  5. This is the Installer Package for the update. Double Click it.
  6. Don't be put off by the words "Welcome to the Adobe Flash Player Installer" - this is not the Adobe Flash Install Manager (the one that failed you earlier) this is Apple's "Installer" app.
  7. Follow the steps to the end then eject the volume Flash Player in the normal way (e.g. Finder sidebar)
  8. Open the Flash Player control panel to check the current version has now been updated.
  9. Don't be put off by "PPAPI Plug-in is not installed" - you can ignore it.

Some steps may go differently if you are running a different version of Mac OS X - I use 10.6.8

Problems installing Adobe Flash Player 14.0.0.125.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.