Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to join the network iphone 4s

I woke up this mourning and my phone was not connected to wifi

so I tried to connect it, except it showed me

'unable to join the network.

I've tried

• Turning Airplane Mode on > Reset Network > Turn it back off (mine didn't work because when I reset the thing it was automatically off)
  • change HTTP PROXY off to Auto
  • Turned off my phone / back on like 100times
  • I don't have a [forget this network] button on my wifi
  • updated to latest version
  • restarting my wireless router
  • connecting to itunes on computers
  • pretty much anything else you can find on the internet
  • I EVEN RESET MY WHOLE IPHONE so i don't even have any apps, but it still doesn't work

I don't think the wifi itself doesn't have any problems cause my TV/Computer/my familys' phones are fine (they're using galaxy)

and my phone was working just fine like 20 hours ago, but now it is being a jerk.

Can someone please help me T.T....

Sorry for my bad bad english skills DX

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 1:21 AM

9 replies

Jun 13, 2014 1:39 AM in response to Nereidy

I would first try a different wifi connection just to be on the safe side ....If that doesn't work try Backing up and restoring the iPhone with iTunes on computer. If it still not working then you may be having a hardware issue ..you then will want to call apple and find out your warranty status

Jun 13, 2014 1:41 AM in response to Nereidy

Well, you've certainly tried a lot of things! What about trying another WiFi network? Got another basestation in the house? A nearby free hotspot maybe, a friendly neighbour perhaps, or even try WiFi tethering to one of your family's Galaxies...

At this point you need to determine whether you iPhone can connect to any WiFi network, is it just this particular router it cannot use anymore or all WiFi networks. If it's all of them then you need to take it to an Apple store or service centre, if it's just your home router then maybe try updating it's firmware (maybe someone else already did this and that's what's causing the problem?)

Jun 13, 2014 11:35 AM in response to Nereidy

Well, now you know it's something to do with your particular router/network, it's not the phone's WiFi chip or anything like that. What brand/model router is it? Are there any firmware updates available for it (or was it perhaps updated just prior to this issue occurring?)

Maybe try resetting the router to factory defaults and configure it again from scratch (warn other household users there'll be some downtime first!)

See if this helps: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1398

Feb 17, 2015 2:29 PM in response to Nereidy

I have been fighting the "unable to join" network problem on my iPhone when trying to connect to my Verizon router for months. Nothing I tried mentioned in any of the online forums worked. Then today I was looking at the connected devices on my Verizon router and their host names once again trying to figure out what was wrong and it suddenly occurred to me that my iPhone name had an apostrophe in it: "Scott's iPhone". I removed the apostrophe and Viola'!!!!! It worked. And a network guy I should have realized that you can't have an apostrophe in host names. The Verizon router simply didn't know how to handle it.

Unable to join the network iphone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.