Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are build effects missing in Keynote for iCloud?

While trying to do a presentation using Keynote for iCloud Beta I realized, that the online version of Keynote is (most probably) lacking build effects (a way to animate parts of the slide to appear in sequence), which makes it hard to design effective presentations (as one of the main rules in the slide making is not to reveral all the slide content at once).

So the question is whether it is really true (or I just can't find it) and if yes, does anyone know when this very useful feature is coming to Keynote for iCloud?

Thanks,

M.

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 6:09 AM

5 replies

Jan 19, 2015 6:55 PM in response to mszklano

From everything I've read the only thing you can currently do with animation is a slide transition (changing from one slide to the next).

If you create a slide with builds on a laptop or desktop or ipad etc, those builds will not show up when viewing them in icloud (from a web browser). They will show up if you have the ipad or iphone app. But then, since there's no zoom feature, the information can be too small to be useful.

I really wish they would add this feature. Like you I need information on a slide to be revealed one step at a time, not all at once. (Maybe because it's a Beta they aren't done yet??)

Mar 12, 2015 10:34 AM in response to mszklano

Just signed up for Keynote through iCloud to be able to create presentations on my PC. Looking forward to seeing fully featured version asap! Would be a dream come true to create fully animated Keynote presentations on my PC for clients. That's the only reason I signed up for this beta version. Otherwise I will stick to PPT. Keynote animations are the best. Keynote on iCloud without them "mehh".

Sep 16, 2015 12:11 AM in response to mszklano

I'm a big fan of the iWorks programs... I know they lack the rich functionality that Microsoft offers and some people bag it for this reason, but to be honest I enjoy using the clean simple interface and I find it more inspiring. That said, I really wish they'd hurry up with the Beta and release V.1 for iCloud, its been what? 2 years already? A few features like the one mentioned above (keynote effects not available on iCloud) would really make it perfect or me! I'm a teacher and I work from home, the office and class room... having the iCloud versions updated to match the desktop version would save me lugging a laptop around, particularly with Keynote.

Please Apple hurry up!

Are build effects missing in Keynote for iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.