Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to find version of my bluetooth in my ipad

I got a free ipad years ago (back in 2012) from one of my friends. He told me it is "The new ipad" I assume it means ipad 3rd generation BUT I am not sure. Becuase He told me that he had originally had bought this ipad back in 2011, in which I dont think ipad 3 was even out yet.

Anyways I want to buy a new accessory for this ipad that needs to be connected to Bluetooth 4.0, how can I be sure this ipad that I have, can access bluetooth 4 or not? I tried to check out the settings but it is just written Bluetooth, it is not written what version???

thanks

iPad

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 7:35 AM

search the model number in google. the model number can be found insettings, about. That way you can confirm which model it is. Then search the apple .com site for the specs associated with that model. (it is a little easier to google "im pad model xxxxxx specs", and find the apple return, than it is to wind your way through the apple.com website)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2014 7:35 AM in response to loonei

search the model number in google. the model number can be found insettings, about. That way you can confirm which model it is. Then search the apple .com site for the specs associated with that model. (it is a little easier to google "im pad model xxxxxx specs", and find the apple return, than it is to wind your way through the apple.com website)

Jun 13, 2014 7:41 AM in response to loonei

Settings->General->About->Model

You can post the Model number here and we'll tell you, or use Google and it will also tell you.

If it does not have a camera it is a first generation iPad and will not support some of the Bluetooth 4.0 features.

BT is technically backwards compatible, though so unless the accessory requires a specific feature from the newer versions if should most likely work albeit a little slower.

how to find version of my bluetooth in my ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.