Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does recording stop automatically?

I'm using Logic Express 8.0.2 on Mac OSX 10.6.8.

I'm recording just 1 track of audio. I have "Audio 1" (the only track aside from the master track) set up with compression as the only plug-in, and the mute "M" and record "R" buttons selected. When I hit record, it starts recording, and at first everything is fine. However, as some point (I can't figure out any way to predict when) it automatically stops recording. It basically goes into playback mode so that the playback bar is still moving, but nothing is being recorded. I can click the record button (the circle) at the bottom, and recording will start again.

How can I prevent this from happening? Is there a setting that makes the recording stop at some point? And if so, how can I change that?

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 8:02 AM

There are no replies.

Why does recording stop automatically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.