Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install DS Mobile 600 on Mavericks

I removed this scanner from my Printers & Scanners (under system preferences), and now I cannot re-add it, nor can I install the updated 10.9 driver from Brother with any visible result. I'm unable to run DS Mobile 600 and am assuming that is because the scanner is not added to the list of Printers and Scanners. How do I actually get it added to the list, as pressing the + button doesn't make it show up in the list of options to add.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 11:05 AM

10 replies

Jun 13, 2014 12:02 PM in response to yoshibb

Are you aware you can use the pre installed Image Capture app on your Mac to scan with and not worry about the driver?

Launch Image Capture located in your Applications folder.

Connect the scanner to your Mac whether Wi-Fi or USB.

Click the very small black box bottom left side of the Image Capture window.

You'll see this pop up menu: Connecting this (device) opens:

You can select a default app to scan (Image Capture) and select a folder from the Import To pop up menu on the right to save scanned files to.

If you need help with the Image Capture software, click Help from the Image Capture menu bar.

Mac Basics: Using a scanner

Jun 13, 2014 12:37 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

I've seen this solution elsewhere but it doesn't work for me because my scanner has been removed from the printer/scanner list. There is no black box on the lower left of that Image Capture app, and there's no list of devices. I would imagine that having installed the DS Mobile 600 drivers, there is a way to add the scanner to my list, but I can't seem to find out how.

Jun 13, 2014 2:25 PM in response to greg sahli

How can I do this? The only way I see to "Reset the printing system" is to right click on the printer or scanner I want to reset and select "Reset the printing system" from the menu that appears. My problem is that my scanner does not show in that list, so I cannot reset it. Are you suggestion I reset the printing system for my printer which is the only item on that list? That doesn't appear to have anything to do with my scanner. Please clarify, thanks.

Jun 13, 2014 3:29 PM in response to yoshibb

Did you look at the link Eric provided above?

It says:

Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.

(I'll admit I've never done this with an empty list, but I think it will work.)

How do I install DS Mobile 600 on Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.