Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I purchase a book and send it as a gift?

Can I choose an iBook and purchase it and send it to someone else without sending them a gift card?

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 11:53 AM

You should be able to gift it from within the store - you can't buy the book and then gift it from your library, that copy would remain tied to you account, gifting has to be done from within the store.

If using your computer's iTunes then click on the downward pointing arrow next to the book's price ; if using your iPad then go into the ibookstore in the iBooks app, find the book and select it, and then tap the 'share icon' (the square with the upward pointing arrow at the top right of the book's popup). Do they give a 'gift' option ?

Gifting : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2736

The intended recipient it has a device that is compatible with the book that you want to send ? Some aren't compatible with iPhones or iPod Touches - its requirements should be on its description page in the store.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2014 11:53 AM in response to RKSG

You should be able to gift it from within the store - you can't buy the book and then gift it from your library, that copy would remain tied to you account, gifting has to be done from within the store.

If using your computer's iTunes then click on the downward pointing arrow next to the book's price ; if using your iPad then go into the ibookstore in the iBooks app, find the book and select it, and then tap the 'share icon' (the square with the upward pointing arrow at the top right of the book's popup). Do they give a 'gift' option ?

Gifting : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2736

The intended recipient it has a device that is compatible with the book that you want to send ? Some aren't compatible with iPhones or iPod Touches - its requirements should be on its description page in the store.

can I purchase a book and send it as a gift?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.