Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerMac G5 Boot issue?

So I recently pulled out my old PowerMac G5 1.8 Dual to get ready to sell. I went to turn it on, and it would start to load the OS, but then I would get the circle with a bar across it. So then I got my retail copy of leopard and tried booting from that. I couldn't get anything to show up on the screen then. So I did a PRAM reset and I thought I fixed the problem. But then, while loading the Disk, the fans would get really loud, and sometimes the computer would just shut off on its own. I have tried multiple HDD's (4 to be exact...) and none of them would load the disk. So then I found the old ASD disk I had laying around and I was going to see if all was good internaly, but I couldn't even get that disk to load! 😟

I am very good when it comes to working on Macs and I have tried reseating the ram multiple times, same with the graphics card. Help would be appreciated. The last time I had it running was in April of 2014 when I was pulling files off of it to put on my other mac. Otherwise this mac ran perfectly for the 7 plus years I have owned it.

Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 11:52 AM

1 reply

PowerMac G5 Boot issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.