Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air Overheating

My MacBook Air has been overheating a lot lately. Anytime I play anything on Youtube or Netflix, the hinge area become very heated, and the whole computer slows down. A click takes 2-4 seconds to process, a tab takes 4-10 second to open (if it does at all) - basically, it's a mess. I can't even full screen a Netflix video because the computer slows down and freezes in 30 minutes.

I looked at other support articles, and decided to uninstall Flash, as it just doesn't get along with Mac OSX. Anything else I can do?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 1:39 PM

3 replies

May 28, 2017 7:00 AM in response to christine1726

Hello christine Just try few steps :

1.GO to Applications >Utilities>Activity monitor

and see which app is consuming percentage of CPU more than required ...

In My case it was iCloud

So what I simply did is following

2.Open System Preferences >iCloud and SignOut ....

In my case it worked...

3.Also Make sure in System Pereferences>Energy Saver

under Battery And Power Adapter

Restore it to default ....

If you find any other app (in activity monitor) killing your processor just google how to delete that(in case you find any difficulty)

Sep 1, 2017 8:27 AM in response to Navjeet Vasudeva

Delete the files as shown below if your Mac is overheating. This solved my problem

Files deleted by EtreCheck:

2017-08-27 00:27:20 - /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.quoroden.plist - Unknown

2017-09-01 20:53:31 - ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.gavotte.plist - Unknown

2017-09-01 20:53:45 - /Library/LaunchAgents/com.cataclysm_blockishly.plist - Unknown

2017-09-01 20:53:45 - /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.iIeSfVDG.plist - Unknown

MacBook Air Overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.