Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibook G4 WPA2 support? Tiger 10.4?

What can I do to an old ibook g4 to beef it up and where can I get the hardware to do it? My model number is A1054 Model Id Powerbook6,3 currently 256mb ram 30 gig HD. OS 10.3.9 What are requirements for Tiger 10.4 and can I go up to tiger 10.4.11? Also how can I get WPA2 support on this laptop? What is the max ram I can install in this old laptop?

iOS 4

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 3:29 PM

2 replies

Jun 22, 2014 7:26 PM in response to toddbmobile

According to this link, WPA2 should work okay with it.

Maximum RAM depends on the exact model of the computer, but all models with that model number can use a 1 GB module added in the one user-accessible RAM slot in addition to the built-in RAM on the logic board. This brings the iBook G4 1.0 GHz processor or the iBook G4 1.2 GHz processor up to 1.25 GB of RAM. (Each has 256 MB of RAM soldered to the logic board.)

Check out Apple's iBook memory (RAM) guide to see the exact RAM specifications for your specific iBook G4.

ibook G4 WPA2 support? Tiger 10.4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.